(ICP-ACC) Register Now
** ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Coaching® registration will be billed in Canadian dollars. International prices listed are for reference only based on recent exchange rates.
A Unique Modular Learning Structure:
4 x 4.5hr Sessions
ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Coaching® details
The ICAgile ICP-ACC online course provides a deep dive into the world of Agile coaching.
The course is split into four unique half-day (4-hour) modules covering the core competencies of Agile coaching. Your experienced Agile trainer will complement this schedule with unique pre and post course calls that focus on personal growth using the Agile Coaching Growth Wheel to guide your journey.
The ICP-ACC course focuses on equipping you with new tools, techniques and skills to be the best Agile Coach / ScrumMaster you can be.
The 4-day ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Coaching® (ICP-ACC) course gives you the tools to enact the mindset, roles, and responsibilities of an effective Agile Coach.
1. Select a date and register for an ICAgile Certified Professional Agile Coaching® (ICP-ACC) event
2. Join the pre-course call that sets you up for personal growth before the event
3. Attend 4 half-day instructor-led virtual ICP-ACC® days with experienced and accredited trainers
4. Access your ICP-ACC® certificate and badge on your ICAgile® learning portal
Who should attend:
- If you have been doing Agile or Scrum for years and you want to pursue a path as as an Agile coach; this course is for you.
- If you are considering becoming one of the champions of Agile in your organisation and the person people will go to for advice.
- If you want to learn how to address common challenges people face in an Agile transformation, what things to do… and what not to do!
ICAgile Certified Professional – Agile Coaching® (ICP-ACC) is recommended for Agile Coaches or aspiring coaches with a passion for servant leadership and a desire to learn and practice facilitation, professional coaching, mentoring, and teaching in service of Agile teams.
ICP-ACC is for :
- Product Managers
- Project Managers
- Scrum Masters
- Functional Managers
- Business Managers
- Iteration Managers
By successfully achieving the ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Coaching® (ICP-ACC) certification, you will learn about:
With BERTEIG you get much more than just the training. You also get access to the BERTEIG online learning portal with the following exclusive learning materials:
- Early access to Mishkin Berteig’s new ebook
- Access to all the videos for the REALagility – Management Track
- The full Facilitators Guide for the REALagility – Management Track
- Access to handouts and further coaching materials
This is in addition to ongoing mentoring from your Scrum Alliance® Certified Agile Coaches.
Internationally recognized ICAgile credential with no exam
20 PDUs | 20 SEUs (REP with PMI® and Scrum Alliance®)
ICAgile membership for life
The BEST informative, practical and inspiring virtual learning environment. No slides, in-depth simulation
Perpetual access to all the content of the course in our learning management system
Free follow-up coaching support from Mishkin Berteig (some restrictions apply)*
Access to Mishkin Berteig’s new e-book for additional learning
“Agile Advice” – Creating High Performance Teams In Business Organizations e-book
Dozens of supplemental learning resources designed to help you create adaptive product teams in any business
Additional discounts including a “pay-it-forward” discount for your colleagues
Networking opportunities with agile professionals
John Barratt Enterprise Agile Coach, Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC), Program Lead, Online Remote Facilitator
John loves seeing individuals, teams and organisations become the best they can be. He does this using a mixture of coaching approaches embedded with the agile mindset. John spends most of his time supporting organisation to descale and self-organise relying heavily on the Systemic Modelling skills he learnt through his ongoing training from Caitlin Walker.
Agile transformation requires changing of roles–so part of an Agile coach’s responsibility is to help people understand the skills needed and adapt1
52% of respondents say “Internal Agile coaches” are the number one factor for successfully scaling Agile2
A BERTEIG case study showed a three-fold improvement in time-to-market with an Agile coach3
Sources: 1Shift314 | 2Scrum Alliance | 3BERTEIG
Thank you for making the course available remotely and for the valuable material. I was impressed by how quickly you were able to engage all of the participants and help us create a safe environment and even a sense of community within such a short timeframe. I loved the format and the synergy between both Rickard and John. Beyond helping me improve my coaching skills and understanding of what it means to be an Agile Coach, a sincere thank you to you for embodying servant leadership and demonstrating different styles of coaching. You have provided an example for us all!
Upcoming Virtual Learning Events
ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Coaching® (ICP-ACC)
Important: For this course there is a 1hr scheduled pre-call the Friday before the training begins.
If you cannot make it, the pre-course call is recorded for your benefit. Please try to attend.
Why do we charge what we charge?
We can justify our registration price for ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Coaching in one word: quality.
Just read some of the 3000+ testimonials (not ratings, actual written testimonials) from past students and this video testimonial. Also, the focus of our course is on achieving lasting skills as opposed to following curriculum.
We don’t compete on price because we don’t need to!
ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Coaching®
- Pre and Post work is provided focused on self-reflection using the Agile Coaching Growth Wheel.
- Pre-Class Call – Foundations of becoming a coach – Must Be Attended Before Class Starts
- Coaching – Learn the basics of Professional Coaching from ICF Certified Coaches. Competencies you will start to build include: Active Listening, Powerful Questions, Emotional Intelligence, Presence and Clean Feedback.
- Serving the Organisation – Learn how to deal with change and help others who are struggling to adapt to new ways of working. Explore how to navigate through conflict situations #DramaFree. Lastly, we will explore managing an engagement. How do we set our selves up for success in this complex world? What is useful to measure? how do we know if we have done a good job?
- Serving the team – Teams are more than just a group of individuals during this module you will look at coaching the system as a whole using a number of coaching tools adapted from various team coaching practices form experts in the field.
- Facilitate Learning – Using Training from the BACK of the Room! techniques we will explore adult learning techniques culminating in creating a new learning experience you will be able to use. During this module, you will also learn the core skills of a good mentor and how it is different from coaching and consulting
- Below are just a few of the topics we will cover
- Self Reflection using the Agile Coaching Growth Wheel
- What is Agile Coaching
- Active Listening
- Clean Feedback
- Emotional Intelligence
- Coaching Presence
- Powerful Questions
- Professional Coaching
- Empathy Mapping
- Systemic Coaching
- Cognitive Bias
- What is a high performing team
- Team Launches
- Team Structure
- Managing an Engagement
- Coaching Plans
- Conflict Management
- Clean Language
- Training from the Back of the Room
- The course is assessed by the instructors you must be able to complete a basic 10-minute coaching conversation to complete the course; however, the instructors will work with you until this is possible.
- The course is made up of a Pre and Post work including a 1hr Pre-course call and 2hr post-course call to cement your learning
- The class is 4 unique modules that can be completed over 4 half-days, 4 hrs per sessions specified in the registration or over a longer period.
- Each class has trainers who are ICF certified, ORSC Trained, and ‘Training from the Back of the Room’ certified
- Each trainer brings their own specialism to the course; no other provider comes close to this level of experience and expertise.
- ICP-ACC Learning Objectives
- Learning Path with ICAgile
- Important Course Follow-Up
Live virtual training is delivered based on the Canadian Eastern time zone (ET) from 08:00 AM to 12:30 PM. People in different time zones can attend this training on following times.
05:00 AM - 09:30 AM
Vancouver, British Colombia
San Francisco, California
Los Angeles, California
Las Vegas, Nevada
06:00 AM - 10:30 AM
San Jose, Costa Rica
07:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Mexico City, Mexico
08:00 AM - 12:30 PM
New York, USA
09:00 AM - 01:30 PM
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Sao Paulo, Brazil
12:00 PM - 04:30 PM
01:00 PM - 05:30 PM
We Vouch For You
Become BERTEIG professional
BERTEIG Professionals are highly-trained experts in agility including Kanban and Scrum. A BERTEIG Professional has shown commitment to learning about all aspects of business agility including Agile methods, Leadership development, Lean thinking, Community development, Technical practices and Organizational change.
Join the elite ranks of BERTEIG-trained agile professionals. We vouch for our BERTEIG Professionals and provide outstanding benefits.
- Learn - Receive at-cost refreshers of any BERTEIG course you’ve taken.
- Achieve - First-look at jobs within the Agile space.
- Grow - Personalized, impact-focused coaching support.
- Promote - Get a free listing on BERTEIG.com linked to your LinkedIn profile.
- Network - Exclusive professional networking and learning events.
- Showcase - Proudly display your status as a BERTEIG Professional.
We Are Growing Organically
Did you know that about 90% of our business growth is the result of word of mouth recommendations?
Yes, it is true. People who attend our training can't help recommending us to their colleagues and friends, and they also can't wait to attend advanced training with us. This is what people say about us:
I enjoyed being there (at the training). You guys are the gold star standard for Agile. Thanks for the training over the years.
Oscar Savoini, Project Manager, Honda Canada, August 31, 2020
The training was great. Very informative and interactive. The BERTEIG team has mastered that art of online learning, you will not be bored. Definitely recommend.
Antoinette Boachie, Consultant, Agile Sales & Marketing, CIBC, October 07, 2020
See how people feel after attending our training, read some of the 3000+ recent reviews, and attend our training with no reservations.
The more you train, the more you save.
- Generous discounts for both public and private training
- Corporate dashboard showing your employees' progress
- Training investment protection plan
- Private Ask-Me-Anything (AMA) sessions with BERTEIG consultants
- A curated library of key management, leadership and Agile resources
- Discounts on consulting, assessment and coaching services
You're in Good Company
- Q: Prices are in what currency?
- A: Canadian dollars.
- Q: What methods of payment do you accept?
- A: Visa, Mastercard and American Express. We do not invoice for training. Under special circumstances we can also accept wire transfers, personal cheques, PayPal and Purchase Orders. Please contact email@example.com for special payment arrangements.
- Q: I need to cancel my place due to... what do I do about it?
- A: If your request to cancel is made ten (10) business days prior to the Learning Event, then you will be issued a refund and your spot will be made available for someone else. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number you wish to have refunded.
Within ten (10) business days, no refund is possible for any reason, but we will offer you a spot in a future class at 50% of the normal list price (no other discounts will apply).
In the rare case of family or medical emergencies, please contact email@example.com as soon as you can and we will work with you to find a suitable solution.
- Q: I need to change the course date I am registered for due to... what do I do about it?
- A: As with cancellation, if your request to change dates is made ten (10) business days prior to the Learning Event, then you can be moved. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, current course date and requested new course date.
Within ten (10) business days, no changes are possible for any reason, but we will offer you a spot in another class at 50% of the normal list price (no other discounts will apply).
In the rare case of family or medical emergencies, please contact us as soon as you can and we will work with you to find a suitable solution.
- Q: Can I send someone else in my place?
- A: Yes, you are welcome to change the registration information for a spot in a Learning Event at any time. Please contact email@example.com with the details including your own registration information and the full name, email address and phone number of the person who will attend in your place. There is no charge for such a change.
- Q: I found "the same" course for less... will you give me a discount?
- A: No, you have registered for a premium learning event with BERTEG, not a clone of some other course.
- Q: Do you ever offer discounts?
- A: Yes, everyone who attends one of our Learning Event is given a discount code to use on other courses or to pass along to coworkers, associates, family and friends.
Also, if you belong to an organization that sends more than 3 people to our training courses, you may be eligible for the BERTEIG Loyalty Program. The more people that attend our training, the higher the discount available. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
- Also, we offer "Early Bird" discounts on some Learning Events. We encourage you to register early to take advantage of these offers.
- Q: What if I register, then later discover a Loyalty Program discount was applicable. Can I get the discount applied retroactively?
- A: In most cases, yes you can. Please contact email@example.com with your order number for which you would like the discount applied and your company details.
- Q: Is your training tax deductible and can I get a T2202A slip?
- A: No, our training is not eligible for tax deductions. We do not give T2202A slips. T2202A slips are usually issued from Post Secondary Education Institutions like a college or university. We are not such an institution. Purchasing our training is more like purchasing a book or a ticket to an event.
- Q: How do I become a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)?
- A: Scrum Alliance® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/practitioners/csm-certification. The training component of the CSM designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSM in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: What is included in becoming a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)?
- A: The Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) online training that we offer includes all the materials that are needed to complete the 'training part' of the certification. There is no extra fee for the CSM online test, it is included in your registration with us. Once you have completed the training, you will receive an email within 1 week to complete the remaining step to get your certification. Full instructions will be provided in class, but don't worry, the test is straightforward! If you want to study, please consider reading the Scrum Guide.
- Q: How do I become a Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO)?
- A: Scrum Alliance® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/practitioners/cspo-certification. The training component of the CSPO designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSPO in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I get SAFe® Scaled Agilist Certification (SA) from Scaled Agile®?
- A: Scaled Agile® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scaledagile.com/certification/courses/leading-safe. The training component of the SA® designation is available only by attending BERTEIG’s virtual designated SA in-house private Learning Event.
We do not offer SAFe® training as a public enrolment course as it is highly contextual curriculum.
- Q: How do I become certified as an OpenAgile® Team Member (OATM)?
- A: The OpenAgile Center for Learning is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at http://www.openagile.com/TeamMember. The training component of the OATM designation is available either by attending a virtual designated OATM in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become a PMI® Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)?
- A: The Project Management Institute® (PMI) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://www.pmi.org/certifications/types/agile-acp. The training component of the PMI-ACP® designation is available either by attending a designated virtual PMI-ACP in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become certified as a Team Kanban Practitioner® (TKP)?
- A: Kanban University® (KU) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://leankanban.com/team-kanban. The training component of the TKP designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated virtual TKP in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become certified as a Kanban Management Professional (KMP)?
- A: Kanban University® (KU) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://leankanban.com/kmp-program. Note this is a two-class certification – you must complete BOTH the Kanban Systems Design® (KMP I) class AND the Kanban System Improvement® (KMP II) class. The training component of the KMP® designation is available either by attending BERTEIG virtual public Learning Events or as part of designated in-house private Learning Events.
- Q:How do I become a Scrum Inc. Scrum Master Product Owner® (SSMPO)?
- A: Scrum Inc® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://agileeducation.org. The training component of the SSMPO designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated in-house private Learning Event.
- Q:How can I claim my CSM® or CSPO® or SSMPO® class for PDUs from PMI®?
- A: Please log in to your account on the PMI Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS) website at https://ccrs.pmi.org and enter the details of your learning experience to claim the hours. Be sure to enter all the details of the class you took (CSM or CSPO or SSMPO) to claim the appropriate PDUs (16 for 2-day and 24 for 3-day).
- Q: How can I claim other BERTEIG event PDUs from PMI®?
- A: If you have completed a Learning Event with BERTEIG that has appropriate content e.g. BERTEIG MicroLearning™ you may claim the PDUs as private learning hours on the PMI-CCRS website.
- If asked, you may need to show evidence of registration or attendance for the class. Obtaining PDUs is your responsibility and for more information, please refer to the PMI-CCR Certification Requirements Handbook at https://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/certifications/ccr-certification-requirements-handbook.pdf?la=en.
- Q: What if I'm shy and don't like interacting with people?
- A: Our virtual Learning Events are highly interactive and we make them safe and comfortable for even the most shy people! Our facilitators are experts in creating an online environment where everyone is encouraged to participate without forcing you to do things or say things that might be uncomfortable. This is not like school. This is not like a university lecture. This is not like a high-pressure business meeting.
- Q: What if I'm just coming to get a certification?
- A: Okay! We know lots of people who have come to our virtual Learning Events in the past to only achieve a valuable certification. They have told us in no uncertain terms that it was still the best "course" they have ever attended, they learned far more than they expected to, and that they were excited to apply what they learned as soon as possible. Sure, you can attend just for the certification!
- Q: What do I need to do to prepare for the online course?
- A:There are three things you must do beforehand to prepare for BERTEIG online Learning Events.
1. Complete pre-work at training.berteig.com
2. Set up Zoom for video conferencing
3. Get familiar with Miro whiteboard collaboration
- For most Learning Events, there is some pre-work which must be completed before the class begins. Failure to do so, will mean rescheduling and application of the $150 Rescheduling Fee.
- Check the description of your Learning Event to see if there are any special requirements.
- Q: Do I need a laptop or can I use my phone?
- A: You will need a laptop or desktop for the BERTEIG Learning events. Handheld devices such as tablets and phones are not suitable for the interactive nature of the classes.
- Q: Do you provide copies of your slides?
- A: First of all, we usually don't use slides in our Learning Events - instead we have a moderate number of handouts and these are accessed in one place using the BERTEIG Learning Management System (LMS).
- The only exception to this is the SAFe training classes where we are a delivery partner and the materials come directly from Scaled Agile - in those classes there are typically a lot of slides to go through in the training.
- Q: When does my Learning Event start and finish?
- A: Normally our Learning Events start at 9:00am sharp and end by 4:30pm (Eastern Time +5:00 GMT). Some Learning Events may have other schedules. Please read the page about your particular Learning Event to know exactly what time it starts and ends. Be mindful that some courses have a substantial Theory portion that needs to be completed prior to the Classroom start.
- Q: Do you offer your virtual Learning Events as private sessions?
- A: Yes. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to receive a quote. Typically 'in-house' virtual sessions are scheduled six or more weeks after a contract has been signed - please ask for a quote as soon as possible if you think your need is urgent!
We can also create custom online Learning Events for an additional fee. We even do train-the-trainer programs for larger organizations who wish to leverage in-house staff.
Generally, we avoid doing the CSM, CSPO and SSMPO Learning Events as private virtual classes, and we encourage you to attend with your group to a public scheduled session.
- Q: What if I have an emergency and have to leave for some/part/most of the virtual class?
- A: It depends on the emergency. If it is a medical emergency for yourself or a family member, we will work with you to either re-schedule or refund your money depending on circumstances. We don't have a fixed policy about this.
For work related emergencies, we will not issue a refund, but will offer a spot to you at a future course at a 50% discount rate.
- Q: What does it mean when a session is "Guaranteed To Run"?
- A: Most BERTEIG Learning Events are given this designation, which means that if it's scheduled, we will run the class, even with just a few people registered. We do this to respect the time you have allotted to learning. Occasionally something may prevent us from running the class e.g. a health emergency, however we will do everything we can under normal circumstances to run scheduled classes; we take this seriously and it is our commitment to you.
- Q: Do you recommend any supplemental learning resources?
- A: Yes. We have a list of recommended reading for agility that is organized by type of BERTEIG Learning Event.
- Q: Does BERTEIG partner with others to advertise and deliver training?
- A: Yes. We partner with training resellers who can reach a different audience than the companies we normally serve. If you have a question about our resellers or if you are interested in establishing a partnership relationship please contact email@example.com.
- Q: I am a trainer myself. Can I list my courses on this website?
- A: No. This is one type of partnership that we are considering but have not yet established. If you are interested in this type of partnership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.