Strength in Numbers
Corporate and Enterprise Customized Writing Product Backlog Items Workshop
In successfully completing this workshop you will also earn:
- 7 Scrum Alliance SEUs
- Digital access to all materials and handouts
- Free Agile Advice ebook
Praise for Our Writing Product Backlog Items Workshop
The course was very informative and the instructor kept the material interesting and flowing well.
Portfolio Manager, November 2017
This workshop was very empowering. It provided a LOT of very useful tips and tricks for writing Agile requirements.
BA, October 2016
Jerry tied the theory and practice together really well, and provided a fantastic opportunity to get really good at writing product backlog items.
Consultant, October 2016
This workshop really provides a fantastic, hands on learning experience.
Program Manager, October 2016
Great course. It really helped me learn how to be effective at writing User Stories
Senior IT Project Manager, October 2016
Jerry was fantastic at walking us through the steps and various tools for writing effective product backlog items. I really found the alternative approaches helpful!
Product Owner, October 2016
By successfully completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand how to craft, define and set expectations for what constitutes an effective Product Backlog Item (PBI)
- Understand the structure, content and format of User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Utilize some common tools and techniques for crafting effective PBI’s including the INVEST Model and Key Splitting Patterns.
- Utilize key terminology and expectations associated with the Product Backlog and Product Backlog Items.
- Empower Scrum teams through Product Backlog Items that resonate with them
- Utilize at least six alternatives to the traditional User Story format and where these may be more appropriate
Part I – Getting Started
- About this Workshop
- Defining Needs – Overview of Product Backing Items
Part II – User Story Fundamentals
- Structure and Format
- Acceptance Criteria
Part III – Tools and Techniques
- The INVEST Model (sourced from XP)
- Patterns for Splitting (sourced from Richard Lawrence)
- Great Practices to Consider
Part IV – Next Steps
- What Can You Do Today?
- Alternatives to Traditional User Stories
Who This Is For
Our Tailored Teaching Is Made For:
- Berteig Alumni – If you loved our training, see your entire team experience it and level-up together.
- Larger Groups – If you have over 50 employees driving towards the same goals.
- New Team Dynamics – Uniting new people and teams to accomplish timely goals.
- When Privacy is Paramount – When privacy is a top concern with active projects.
- Critical Project – When your team is responsible to deliver on a critical project with confidence.
Specialized Private Training
- Agility for Audit & Compliance
- Agility for Business Analytics
- Agility for Human Resource Teams
- Agility for Legal
- Agility for Project Managers
- Agility for Sales
- Agility for Testers
- Agility for Finance
- Construction & Building
- Oil and gas
- Shipping & Transportation
You're in Good Company
Get the Best of BERTEIG
Experts with Accolades
BERTEIG Instructors hold the highest possible certifications in their respective areas of expertise.
Benefit from one of Canada’s only Advanced Certified Scrum Master Training available in Canada.
Develop situational analysis with real-life issues your organization is encountering in the privacy of a private group.
Over a decade of coaching and curriculum development has resulted in thousands of successfully trained Canadians, coast to coast.
Breakaway from basic training with engaging, stimulation-oriented exercise available in many of our courses.
The more your team learns, the more you’ll earn.
The more you train, the more you save.
- Generous discounts for both public and private training
- Corporate dashboard showing your employees' progress
- Training investment protection plan
- Private Ask-Me-Anything (AMA) sessions with BERTEIG consultants
- A curated library of key management, leadership and Agile resources
- Discounts on consulting, assessment and coaching services
Curious? It Begins with BERTEIG.
Connect with Mark Kalyta today to discuss your organizations unique needs.